Well, it is Monday. After the usual good breakfast at the Nordholms, we went off to work. Most of my attention was focused on the issue of getting the Python programming environment working in the computer labs. After checking out that there was an IT issue as had been pointed out by the IT guy, Berndt, who had been installing the software, Berndt and I got our heads together until we finally sorted out the problem with an hour or so to spare before my first lecture.
I think the lectures went well, and some of the students have already picked out projects to do for assessment. I even had one student send me an email that said he had been “inspired.” We’ll see how he goes over the next 9 sessions. But he must be a very good judge of teaching!!
After class, we came on back to the Nordholms. After a 30 minute walk around the park adjoining their place, we came back and fixed tacos for dinner. The idea was to relieve Lena of the burden of fixing dinner, but she arrived in the midst of dinner preparation and pitched right in. They like more condiments than we usually prepare: additional condiments from the usual Freasier lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, salsa mix were carrot, cucumber, and yellow capsicum.
Sadly, I woke up at 2AM this morning and couldn’t get back to sleep. It will be interesting to see how “inspiring” I am today.
Hope that your class this afternoon went well. An enthusiastic and "inspired" class of students is a dream!!
ReplyDelete