As usual, I had a very nice breakfast at the Nordholms. After travelling to school, I spend some time working on drafting suggestions to the students who had submitted ideas for their projects. Once Sture and I had agreed on those suggestions, I sent them to the students.
Later in the morning, we walked downtown (about 15-20 min downhill) to do some shopping. Sture was able to locate a nice stereo hi-fi system to replace the smaller radio in the kitchen. It is also able to play music from Lena’s iTouch. Apparently, her model of iTouch is not yet available in Sweden.
We then made a mad dash (at least for me) uphill for a lunchtime talk (sandwich and drink provided). It seemed a very interesting talk, but I had on my reading glasses so I couldn’t make out the slides very well. Unfortunately, I also “rested my eyes” a bit as well.
Later in the afternoon, I gave the next instalment of the course. I talked a lot about how to code common numerical methods such as root finding. About 10 members of the class have now selected their projects. Hopefully, they will make a start on them before I leave as I think I can help them better while I am here than by email.
Lena went to a concert last night, so I fixed some chilli, and Sture fixed a salad for us to eat. I don’t think the chilli was quite up to scratch as I had to resort to using baked beans in it, but Sture seemed satisfied enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment