Sunday, October 10, 2010

Lake of the Finns Walk

Lena, Sture, and I went for a walk around the Lake of the Finns on a calm, but overcast Sunday morning (temperature, 7C).  We drove there in the Volvo that they were caretaker for Lena’s sister who lives in California. Anyway, this sign indicated that we were almost there.

IMG_6123_edited-1 This is Swedish for Lake of the Finns. Apparently, there have been a fair number of Finns who have immigrated to this area.

IMG_6098_edited-1

This is just to show that we were there.

IMG_6100_edited-1 IMG_6101_edited-1

Here we see a real Swedish sauna. At least thats what Sture tells me.

IMG_6103_edited-1

Reflections in the water.

IMG_6109_edited-1 Sture surveys the launching pad for many of his swimming activies. Apparently, Lena and he swim here quite a bit during the summer. IMG_6113_edited-1       Panorama of Lake made from  photos.

lakepan

On the way back only the road, we noticed this feeder stream.

IMG_6125_edited-1

Lena pointed out this rather picturesque wall.

IMG_6122_edited-1

I thought this sign meant kittens for sale. But, Lena said it meant drive carefully.

IMG_6121_edited-1

We spotted another feeder stream going into the lake that was less vigorous than the first one we saw.

ThIMG_6120_edited-1

There was a wedding on the way back to the car.

IMG_6124_edited-1

1 comment:

  1. I really liked your reflections on the lake photo; it was very nicely composed. I envy you your hiking experience!

    ReplyDelete